Merlin’s House is in Llandeilo Carmarthenshire, situated in a central position in the Vale of Towy, one of the most beautiful valleys in Wales. A small, but thriving market town situated on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Named after one of the most celebrated Celtic Saints, St Teilo, Llandeilo is brimful of Welsh history.
- Toast, just around the corner in King Street
- Peppercorn, a great kitchen shop with a huge range
- Fountain Fine Art
- Heavenly, handmade chocolates and Ice cream
- Visit Dynefwr House – owned by the National Trust. It’s just a short stroll away.
- The National Botanic Garden for Wales at Middleton Hall h is nearby. The kitchen garden and Norman Foster designed glasshouse are well worth a visit.
- Aberglasney Hall – a lost garden restored to its glory days.
- There are Castles galore to visit – Carreg Cennen, Dynefwr and Dyslwyn are all withing afew miles in the beautiful Towy Valley.
- Take a kayak and paddle along the Towy river.
- Fishing can be arranged on the Towy. If you would like a guide please let us know.
- Enjoy the beaches of the Gower Peninsula. The adventurous might like to try coasteering www.adventureswales.co.uk/coasteering
- Get up close and personal with beautiful Red Kites at the feeding centre Visit in Llanddeusant www.redkiteswales.co.uk
- For further information check out the Llandeilo Website
Restaurant guide to follow